Friday 8 January 2016

My go to makeup!




Here are some of my current go to makeup items. I love to mix high end with drug store makeup, some things are worth spending more on and some things aren't! I think it's important to have a good foundation and if you need to invest a little, it will be worth it in the long run. I've spent so much money on £6-£10 drug store foundations that are rubbish. I started using Mac studio fix fluid 2-3 years ago and it's now a holy grail for me! My favourite brushes are the real techniques brand by Samantha Chapman (pixiewoo on YouTube). Of course starting with a good moisturiser your skin should be all set to go, sometimes I'll wear a primer but my skin holds makeup quite well, if I'm to wear a primer it'll be in the summer months for sure. 

 
Mac studio fix foundation NC15 £22.00 http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/158/1231/Products/Face/Foundation/Studio-Fix-Fluid-SPF-15/index.tmpl?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-ShoppingFeed-_-Face-_-Foundation&77tadunit=fcb8c5d7&77tadvert=84264894279&77tkeyword=&77tentry=prod_listing_PPC&gclid=CPCLzpq8msoCFaFZ2wodD6MB3Q
 
My holy grail foundation, I've probably repurchased this foundation around 15 times now! It goes on the skin so smoothly, gives a good medium-full coverage and is build able without looking cakey. I like to apply mine with a beauty blender to make it extra even and smooth. 

Contour pallette from Amazon prices may vary but I paid around £5.00 

I absolutely love this pallette. This is my second one which is why some colours are still untouched. The lighter shades are perfect for under eye concealer, the consistency is so thick and creamy and once powdered, it stays all day! I like the darker shades to build up a natural looking contour, some areas don't need the darkest Browns so its nice to have variety, this will suit ALL skin tones and is a bargain buy, snatch one up!

Mac studio care blend/pressed powder is shade light £20.50 and Mac paint pot in soft ochre £16.00 
http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/159/14029/Products/Face/Powder/Studio-CareblendPressed-Powder/index.tmpl?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-ShoppingFeed-_-Face-_-Powder&77tadunit=fcb8c5d7&77tadvert=84264894279&77tkeyword=&77tentry=prod_listing_PPC&gclid=CO7JqeS9msoCFeFQ2wodqvsIdg 
http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/shaded/154/1573/Products/Eyes/Shadow/Pro-Longwear-Paint-Pot/index.tmpl?cm_mmc=GoogleBase-_-ShoppingFeed-_-Eyes-_-Shadow&77tadunit=fcb8c5d7&77tadvert=84264894279&77tkeyword=&77tentry=prod_listing_PPC&gclid=CMnpzPy9msoCFaJz2wod3IsBLw

This is my favourite powder and in my opinion it is worth paying that little bit extra for, it's good for holding all the liquid products on your face without looking heavy. It's a your skin but better product. It's also perfect for setting under eye concealer with no creasing. I use the paint pot on my eyelids as a primer for eyeshadow, but it can also be worn alone for a natural eye look. It covers any dark shadows or veins perfectly. 

Smooch bronzer from Amazon. This is the second one I've owned and I love it I paid around £3.50 for this it lasts for ages and blends really well into the skin. 

I blend this in to the skin on top of or instead of any liquid contour with a real technique contour brush and then smooth over it with a beauty blender just to make sure it's well blended. 

Urban decay perversion £15-£17 depending on where it's from. mascarahttp://m.feelunique.com/p/Urban-Decay-Perversion-Mascara-12ml?utm_source=GoogleBaseUK&utm_medium=gen&option=52446&aff=mrn&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=&utm_campaign=Google+Shopping+-+Urban+Decay&mkwid=s7mS5F8WI_dm&pcrid=51900271239&pkw=&pmt=&utm_content=s7mS5F8WI_dm%7Cpcrid%7C51900271239%7Cpkw%7C%7Cpmt%7C 

I first tried this mascara in sample form from a delivery one time and immediately I had to get the full size product and even have a back up one ready and waiting! This makes my eyelashes look fake, it's so lengthening without looking clumpy! If you haven't tried it, give it a go and thank me later. 

Rimmel gel eyeliner in 001 black http://uk.rimmellondon.com/products/eyes/scandaleyes-gel-eye-liner

I alter between this eyeliner and a liquid one but gel is my preferred option. There's more control and it's cleaner. I just apply it with an angled brush from real techniques and I'm good to go! This eyeliner lasts a while and doesn't dry out, I recommend it! 

Benefit high beam £19.50 http://m.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123901920099?CMP=SSH&tmcampid=28&tmad=c&sku=4675704&ci_src=18615224&ci_sku=4675704&placmp=SSH_2361363232_301385661_18491894541&mkwid=s348ikwoM%7Cpcrid%7C79169383341%7Cpkw%7C%7Cpmt%7C%7Cpdv%7Cm%7Cprd%7C4675704&gclid=COKl_IjEmsoCFYWfGwodCJEDbQ&m-referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.co.uk%2F

It took me a while to purchase this because for a highlighter it seems expensive. However, the product will last me a life time as a little goes a long way and it's a decent size. It blend well in to the skin and is a multi use product. My only issue with this product is the actual packaging, is designed like a nail varnish with a brush but too much product comes out no matter how careful you are and it can get messy when trying to wipe it back in the bottle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment